Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Business Creation Competition

Last Friday I participated in the Business Creation Competition which consisted of 17 different business models including 7 from the Technology Ventures class.  I was extremely nervous to present but thought that overall I did reasonably well.  I was able to explain my product, give my pitch, and ask for investment in my product from the three judges present.  I was mostly nervous for the Q&A portion because I was not sure what they would ask, but I think I answered most of the questions sufficiently.  I was also calmed slightly to have some familiar faces in the audience, which made presenting less nerve-wracking!  If I had to go back and participate in the BCC all over again, I think I would go into further details about the financials of the BurntPi and would have done some more communicating with my customer segments to have evidence that this product is wanted/necessary.  Although presenting in situations like this are way out of my comfort zone, the BCC was a great learning experience!

From this point on, I would like to see the BurntPi become a working prototype that can then be tested in the correct environement.  Also, I would like to actually speak with some of my customer segments to see where and how this product would thrive.  Whether it will actually be pursued after this course or not is most likely a negative, but it would be nice to say I have a finished business model and product at the end of the semester.  I will be working on completing these goals in the next week or so!  

Graduation = 18 days away!

No comments:

Post a Comment